Cerebral Palsy

Where to go for help


Adult services for those with cerebral palsy are not always well signposted and easy to find. If you’re experiencing difficulties and you’d like to know more about the help and advice available in your area, please get in touch with your local area contact listed below.

Bobath Scotland are also happy to speak to anyone who has a query about the management of cerebral palsy in adults. They offer a free initial consultation and reduced rates through the Helping Hands Scheme. Adult therapy can also be funded through Self-Directed Support payments or self-funded.

Health Board Area Contacts Contact Details
NHS Ayrshire and Arran Dr Jenny Preston
Consultant Occupational Therapist and Clinical Lead Neurological Rehabilitation
NHS Borders Rosemary McCuaig
Lead Occupational Therapist
NHS Dumfries and Galloway Jan Beaumont
Lead Occupational Therapist
NHS Forth Valley Heather Fraser
AHP Co-ordinator Rehabilitation Services
NHS Glasgow and Clyde Claire O’Brien
Specialist Occupational Therapist – Neurology QEUH
NHS Grampian Marie Malson and Linda McKeen
Specialist Occupational Therapists in neurorehabilitation – Woodend Hospital
NHS Highlands Susan Macgregor
Occupational Therapy Manager
NHS Lanarkshire Jane-Marie Stobie
Lead Occupational Therapist Physical Care/Co-ordinator Community Brain Injury Services
NHS Lothian Sheena Muir
Assistant General Manager Astley Ainslee Hospital and Hosted Services
NHS West Dunbartonshire Fiona Oldrey
Occupational Therapist

What's in your area?

Jill's Story

Jill Clark is 26 and works at bobath.

Read More