Blocks of Therapy (i.e. 1-6 weeks)
When a client has agreed to a therapy block and the dates of sessions have been confirmed, the following cancellation policy applies:
- If the whole therapy block is cancelled by the client due to illness or hospitalisation and the situation is beyond their control, no charge will be made to the client or the health board for this block.
- If the whole therapy block is cancelled by the client for reasons other than illness, then the following charges will be made if we are unable to fill the block with another client:
- up to 7 days before = 100% chargeable
- up to 14 days before = 75% chargeable
(Any filled sessions will automatically be deducted from invoicing. Charges set out above may be reduced or waived at the discretion of Cerebral Palsy Scotland in exceptional circumstances)
- If a therapy block has not been cancelled and a client does not turn up for any of the sessions, the therapy block is 100% chargeable.
One-off consultations are chargeable on all occasions, unless an exemption has been made by Cerebral Palsy Scotland at the time of arranging the appointment. Fees will only be waived for this consultation if:
- The client is ill on the day, have notified the Centre, and a replacement consultation has been arranged.
- The appointment is cancelled by the client at least 14 days prior to the session.
If a client does not attend and no notification is given to the Centre, the consultation will be chargeable.
Replacement of Cancelled Sessions
- All single appointments within a block that are cancelled by the client will not be replaced with another session later in the same block. Exceptions may be made if the therapist feels it is necessary, and they have space in their diary. This will be the case for all clients irrespective of who has funded the session.
- If sessions are cancelled by us, we will replace them within the same or subsequent block – subject to availability.
Multiple Sessions Within a Block
- If several sessions in a row have been cancelled due to the client being unwell, we will try to replace some or all of the sessions in the same or subsequent block – subject to availability.
Self-Funded Regular Sessions
- Sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will not be refunded and will only be replaced if the therapist feels it is necessary.
- Sessions cancelled with more than 24 hours’ notice will not be refunded, however, we will try to replace the session when a space becomes available. This replacement however is not guaranteed.
Cancellations by Cerebral Palsy Scotland
If any cancellation is made by Cerebral Palsy Scotland, no charge will be made to the client or the health board, e.g. in case of staff illness, centre closure in severe winter weather conditions, etc.
A copy of this policy will be enclosed with all Appointment Information Packs