The conference will take place in the DoubleTree by Hilton Glasgow Central, Cambridge Street, Glasgow, G2 3HN.
Access and toilet facilities at the venue
The venue is fully accessible for wheelchair users, with lift access where required.
There are accessible toilets within the venue, and the mobile PAMILOO toilet, meeting Changing Places standards, will be available outside the conference venue.
When travelling to the conference, there are four Changing Places toilets in Glasgow City Centre, including Glasgow Central Station and Glasgow Queen Street Station.
Parking at conference
All of our reserved parking options are now sold out. Please see information below on alternative options.
Non-Blue Badge holders can park on a first come, first served basis in the hotel’s underground car park, but will be charged £12 for 24 hours, £7.50 for eight hours.
Public transport – bus
Buchanan Bus Station is a 10-minute walk from the venue via Renfrew street. The walk from the bus station is on flat ground with no hills. The station is open 24 hours. All areas of the bus station, CityLink Ticket Office and Travel Card Unit are accessible by wheelchair. To discuss accessibility needs within the bus station phone 0141 333 3762.
Plan your journey here:
- Traveline Scotland |
- Bus Resources | Accessible Travel Hub
- Assisted Travel & Accessibility on our coaches | Citylink Scotland | Citylink
- Low cost coach and train travel in the UK | megabus.com
For local travel, you can use First Bus to plan your journey – Greater Glasgow | First Bus and accessibility. The closest bus stops to the venue are located on Renfrew Street and are a few minutes’ walk to the venue.
Public transport – train
The nearest train stations are Glasgow Central Station and Glasgow Queen Street Station. Scotrail operate train travel to these stations, as well as Avanti West Coast trains and Virgin Trains to Central Station. Plan your Scotrail trip and get information about accessible travel.
- Glasgow Central Station is a 15-minute walk via Hope St to the venue. This is an inclined walk and the pavements are not in good condition, so may not be accessible. There is a taxi rank outside Glasgow Central on Gordon Street.
- Glasgow Queen Street Station is the closest station to the venue. It is a 10-minute walk via Buchanan street then onto Sauchiehall street. There are some parts of this walk that are inclined on Buchanan street, but it is mostly flat from Sauchiehall Street onwards. There is a taxi rank outside Glasgow Queen Street on West George Street.
Public transport – Glasgow Subway
The closest subway station to the venue is Cowcaddens. The subway station is a five minute walk to the venue, via an underpass. The underpass has a slight incline upon exiting. Please be aware the subway network is not accessible for wheelchair users.
Other parking options
- Cambridge Street Car Park directly next to the venue. Open 24 hours. The height restriction is 1.98m. Height restriction signs are located at the entrance of the car park. The car park is approximately a two minute walk to the venue on flat ground. This is accessible for wheelchair users. You can find information on charges here – Multi-Storey Car Parks – Glasgow City Council
- Concert Square Car Park is a seven minute walk to the venue close to Buchanan Bus Station. It is open 24 hours. The height restriction is 1.9m. Height restriction signs are located at the entrance of the car park. The walk from this car park is on flat ground and is accessible to wheelchair users. This walk has no hills and follows a main road with traffic lights for crossing. You can find information on charges here – Multi-Storey Car Parks – Glasgow City Council
On street parking
- Blue Badge holders: Park free of charge and without time limit at parking meters on-street and ‘pay and display’ parking. Blue badge must be displayed at all times.
- Non-Blue Badge holders: Nearby on-street parking is metered, and often limited to a two to three hour maximum stay. Pay by cash or the ‘RingGo’ app. Metered parking is available on Rose Street, McPhater Street, Port Dundas Road and Renfrew Street and can be located using the RingGo app.
Low Emission Zone (LEZ)
As of 1 June 2023 the venue for the conference is within the Glasgow Low Emission Zone (LEZ). A vehicle may only drive within a LEZ if it meets the specified emission standards. If a vehicle does not meet the emission standards there is a fine of £60. There are several exemptions for Blue Badge holders, and cars with disabled tax class. Check if your car is compliant and read about exemptions.